We regret to inform everyone that due to current University of Illinois dairy faculty having identified other priorities that the Department of Animal Sciences has decided to discontinue the “Professional Development Sequence in Dairy Science”.
We would like to thank everyone that has helped us from first going online in 1998 and then supporting the program for the past 20 years. Here is a partial list, in alphabetical order, of University of Illinois faculty and staff that were instrumental in our efforts:
Mike Hutjens, Richard Wallace, James Baltz, Jimmy Clark, Rick Dado, Geoff Dahl, Peggy Day, Jim Drackley, Robert Easter, Jim Endress, Dave Fischer, Darryl Kesler, Faye Lesht, Fred Mastney, Dave Miller, Roger Shanks, and Andrew Wadsworth.
Due to the program ending at the end of the 2018-19 academic year, this will be your last chance to take the following classes:
- Calf and Heifer Nutrition and Management
- Dairy Ration Formulation and Balancing
- ANSC 423: Advanced Dairy Nutrition
Course, Program and Registration Contacts
- Academic Credit, Program and Course information: Peggy Day (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Noncredit and CEUs: Jim Baltz (email@example.com)